MULTIPLAYER INFO [Please Read]

Go down

MULTIPLAYER INFO [Please Read]

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:47 pm

As many of you know I was lucky enough to participate in the Killzone 2 multiplayer BETA. I thought I would share some of my experiences with you all. Keep in mind that a small amount of this information may not be enitrely accurate as some of it is only from memory. Please take the time to read the whole thing...it took me a long time to type all this out. Feel free to ask any questions. I will be updating this if I think of anything else.

Ranking System

There are 12 ranks (yes only 12) but it still takes quite a while to rank up.

You start out as a Soldier who is given a limited variety of weapons. As you progress through the ranks you will unlock more weapons for your soldier, as well as unlock other classes (ie. Medic, saboteur, assault, we will get into these later). Each Class is limited to a specific weapon, but also gains an ability. Once you unlock a new class you can use their Primary ability. We'll use a medic as an example. When you first unlock the medic you can revive your teammates when they are wounded. If you heal a certain number of teammates in a single round you will recieve a ribbon. Once you have earned enough ribbons you will unlock the medics secondary ability to throw health packs. The primary ability (revive) is locked to the medic class, however if you earn enough ribbons from healing teammates using the secondary ability (health packs), you will be able to mix and match it with whatever class you choose. I won't give away which rank you unlock each class, but it will take a while.

Along with the regular ranks, there are honor ranks(sort of like prestige). It's basically just a color that shows up behind your rank that shows you kick ass. For example (and these numbers are wrong I'm just making them up) You can earn an honor rank based on if you are in the top 35%, 15%, or 5% of the leaderboard that week. But the next week it will go away if you don't continue to stay at that high level of play.

Classes

Rifleman
The rifleman is the basic starter class and gets the largest variety of weapons, however all he can to do is kill and be killed. He has no abilities whatsoever.

Medic
The Medic is limited to using the standard ISA assault rifle.
Primary Ability-Revive wounded Players using some sort of electrical reviving gun thing
Secondary Ability-Throw healthpacks that other players can pick up if they are low on health

Engineer
The engineer is limited to using a shotgun
Primary ability: Sets up an automated turret which targets the enemy
Secondary ability: Repairs ammunition dispensers, mounted guns, and automated turrets (all mounted turrets and ammo boxes are broken and unusable until an engineer rapairs them)

Scout
This is the sniper class. You can actually use the six axis to fine tune and steady your aim when zoomed in. don't know if it works well, I never got far enough to unlock this class.
Primary ability: Uses a cloaking suit to become near-invisible. When you move you become slightly visible.
Secondary ability: Tags all on-screen enemy players with a hidden marker, which broadcasts their coordinates to team mates.

Assault
This guy gets a grenade launcher or rocket launcher. you get to start with both primary and secondary ability as soon as this class is unlocked. If you use this guy, then Fuck You.
Primary ability: Dons heavy armor twice as strong as normal.
Secondary ability: Temporarily boosts running speed.

Tactician
I think he gets an assault rifle?
Primary ability: Throws a colored smoke grenade, which serves as a spawn point. Very useful, but watch out, if the other team can take control of the area, they will spawn kill every single person that spawns out of the smoke.
Secondary ability: Requests air support from a sentry bot, which targets the enemy.

Saboteur
Fuck this guy, he's a bitch. He takes the form of a teammate. when your crosshairs are on him, his name will flash red, but by the time you realize he's not on your side...you're dead. If you ever see yourself running around, it's not you, shoot him. By the way this game does have friendly fire so you have to be careful you don't shoot teammates.
Primary ability: Assumes the disguise of a randomly selected enemy player.
Secondary ability: Throws a sticky, proximity-activated C-4 charge.

Party system and community

I didn't actually get to try this out since no one on my friends list was in the beta. However I do know that there is a very good clan system. You can participate in clan tournaments in game without even going through gamebattles. All of the clan stats will be tracked and stacked up against other clans. Along with this all individual, as well as clan stats are tracked back to killzone.com where you can access them anywhere.(because i don't know how many times i've been out of town and wondered, I wonder if my stats have changed since the last time I played... Neutral )

Once in a game it is possible to group into squads of 4. This allows all squad members to spawn near the squad leader. One other cool thing about KZ2 is that is uses an open proximity mic system. What this means is you can only hear team members who are close to you. you can also hear enemies if they are close to you. If you are in a squad, all squad members are able to hear each other regardless of where they are.

Game Modes

Warzone: This mode combines all of the other game modes into one big game. When one objective is completed, the next will start right away.

Assassination: A random member of one team is selected to be assassinated. If selected you must stay within the designated area or you will slowly die. Once selected, there is a 1 minute grace period in which you can find a spot to hide. If you are killed in this time frame, another team member will be selected. After the grace period is over, you will show up on the enemy radar and they will all try to kill you while your team mates defend you. If you die the other team gets a point and then someone from their team is selected for assassination. You get a certain number of points for kills, surviving assassination, and assassinating the target.

Body Count: Standard team deathmatch. Team with most kills wins. We all know the rules.

Capture And Hold: Much like domination, there are 3 speakers which constantly give a speech about the helghast or ISA. You capture the area by standing near a speaker. Once you capture the speaker a voice will start saying the Helghast are bad the ISA are good or the other way around. (it's actually pretty cool to hear the propaganda speakers when you capture them). You need to defend the speakers once they are captured.

Search and Destroy: The attacking team must plant 2 bombs...thats right 2 of the motherfuckers in a certain area if your team manages to plant BOTH bombs then you must defend the area for TWO minutes until they blow up. If the defending team defuses ONE if the bombs before they go boom, then your team must plant the bomb again to start the 2 minute countdown all over again. THIS IS HARD AS HELL IF YOU'RE ON THE ATTACKING TEAM. Obviously if you're on the defending team you defend the area and defuse any bombs that get planted.

Search and Retrieve: Capture the flag, or sabotage.........sort of. A propaganda speaker (like the ones in capture and hold, but this one is portable) is placed near the middle of the map. Both teams try to get the speaker and run it to a specific point in enemy territory. However if you pick up the speaker you show up on everyone's radar, and if you are near anyone they can hear the voice coming from the speaker as you run past.

If you read through this whole post then congratulations and thank you for taking the time.

Back to top Go down

Re: MULTIPLAYER INFO [Please Read]

Post by Guest on Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:17 am

sounds awesome evan

I really like the assassination and search and retrieve

can't wait to play

oh an yeah i read the whole thing geesh

good job

phaze

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:42 pm

nicley done Evan, my attention span was lost a couple times but I made it through. Gonna be sick.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:21 pm

Yeah,thats good stuff.

Were you able to crouch in the beta?

From what I read that wasn't an option yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:27 pm

nice sounds wicked was incredibly intresting to know what game i'm about to become god of lol nice work

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:41 pm

Also what does the saboteur have for a weapon?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:00 pm

To answer gory's questions...

1. Yes you can crouch, but there is no cover system like in the single player. You have to hold down the crouch button to stay crouched.

2. Saboteur's weapon...don't know for sure, I never unlocked that class. I think it's a SMG.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:51 pm

Evan007 wrote:To answer gory's questions...

1. Yes you can crouch, but there is no cover system like in the single player. You have to hold down the crouch button to stay crouched.

2. Saboteur's weapon...don't know for sure, I never unlocked that class. I think it's a SMG.

Oh right on.I knew about the holding for cover but the way this guy made it sound like in the beta there wasn't that option.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum