Ranks

Go down

Ranks

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:14 pm

Ranks. A way to keep players hooked, and show the other people how good you are. But, what does a rank really show? how good do you play? or how long have you been playing?

I'll choose two examples. 1. Call of Duty (4 or 5). You level up the more you play, and you level up faster if you play well, of course.

2.Metal Gear Online. Yup, there are levels... but you can actually rank down (WHAT? I DON'T WANT TO RANK DOWN, THAT SÜCKS!) and there are special achievement (animal ribbons) wich show what are you good at (headshot master, a pretty good soldier, hides constantly in boxes, OR EVEN BEING A LIVING LEGEND!, but you can lose those ribbons too! NOOOOO)

So, my question is, what system do you prefer? I personally choose the MGO system. THAT REALLY shows how good someone is AND how long you have been playing. For me, it's the perfect system. It really gets you hooked with the game

just letting you know the COD system (that one KZ2 is going to use ) is not that good.

Back to top Go down

Re: Ranks

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:49 pm

The MGO system was good in little ways but it's very flawed in other ways.people can do training sessions to level themselves up faster.Which is good if it wasn't so hard to do right without knowing a bunch of people on there.Plus if you are higher in levels it for some reason favors you for an advantage.

I'd rather see cod types cuz no matter what I could get kills with the beginning weapons.I think a game should be more about skill and just leveling high.From what I've seen thats all anyone in MGO cared about cuz it gave them higher advantages in the wrong ways.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:52 pm

xGoryx wrote:The MGO system was good in little ways but it's very flawed in other ways.people can do training sessions to level themselves up faster.Which is good if it wasn't so hard to do right without knowing a bunch of people on there.Plus if you are higher in levels it for some reason favors you for an advantage.

I'd rather see cod types cuz no matter what I could get kills with the beginning weapons.I think a game should be more about skill and just leveling high.From what I've seen thats all anyone in MGO cared about cuz it gave them higher advantages in the wrong ways.

your right

it would be a good thing if all the douche bags didn't ruin it...lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:57 pm

Yeah,at least in cod I know what type of douche bags to expect.In MGO they come from all different aspects and all of them are at level 20.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down