Boston vs LA NBA FINALS?

Go down

Boston vs LA NBA FINALS?

Post by Guest on Thu May 29, 2008 2:38 pm

Could it be a rematch for the ages... a newer version of an old riviarly..... Maybe.... With the greats like Magic, Bird, Russell and Kareem, in the past in this great riviarly, can these Celtics, and these Lakers make this version of the epic battle any good.... Time will tell..... If this finals happens this year, its hard to tell who can win.... on paper you would think the celtics would just dominate all teams, I mean KG Allen and Pierce... come on, I;ve seen ALL STAR teams not that good..... but Kobe has a way of making his players on his team play as good as him...... Just excited to see a good series hopefully...... Kinda funny really, everyone at the begining of the year, was talkin about this as the finals , and here it is..... just thank god its not the Spurs and Pistions again lol.....

Back to top Go down

Re: Boston vs LA NBA FINALS?

Post by PocketAAs on Fri May 30, 2008 12:42 pm

Yeah.. Detroit is done! Evan, you can sulk now if you want... and I did predict it... tonight's the night where the new chapter of the old rivalry begins... I remember being a kid and hearing the chants "Beat L-A" "Beat L-A". It was never like a Yankees/Red Sox rivalry where you "hated" LA like Boston Fans hate the Yankees... you liked them, you respected them, you wanted to beat them, but you knew it was going to be memorable every time they met. Two of my favorite players growing up were Larry Bird and James Worthy... lol

Of course, that's with the idea Boston takes Detroit first..

PocketAAs

Number of posts : 286
Playstation Network ID : PocketAAs
In Game Rank : Level 55 Prestige 10
Xile Division : Xile Council
Registration date : 2008-03-28

http://xile.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri May 30, 2008 3:04 pm

Well everyone bow down cause here comes LA we are goin to the finals baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri May 30, 2008 3:38 pm

I am a Dallas Mavericks fan, so i HATE San Antonio... so go GO LA lol.... It could be the freakin LA Clippers for all I care..... i just hate the Spurs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri May 30, 2008 3:43 pm

i'll laugh my ass off when detroit comes back! and even if we don't, 6 years in the conference finals is pretty impressive.

Back to top Go down

Post by PocketAAs on Fri May 30, 2008 8:11 pm

Impressive yes... reminds me of when Buffalo went to the superbowl all those years... or Atlanta and their runs... of course all good things come to an end and tonight will be detroits... Next year, they'll make the playoffs cause there's not a lot of talent in the east (hell if Atlanta was in it) but I don't see them getting as far..

As for LA, Kobe has raised his game cause he now understands that he actually isn't the only person on the team... but the Celtics have history and a great "team" on their side...

Time to raise the 17th championship banner to the rafters in the garden and regain their rightful position on the throne!!

PocketAAs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat May 31, 2008 3:03 am

I think Detroit is on the down in the Eastern Confrence.... like Incep said, it was a good run while it lasted..... im looking for the Magic to step up next year to be a true contender, along with Cavs.... and I personally think there could be a dark horse next year.... The Atlanta Hawks, yes the Hawks, I know just an 8th seed this year. Normally those 8th seeds are just warm-ups for the 1st seed, but come on they didnt look half bad in 3 of the 7 games......

As for Boston on thier 17th banner.... tough call I mean its not over yet, but Boston needs to win tonight..... LA is just resting now. Kobe has risen up to heights of maybe the single best player in the NBA...... Im not a fan of Kobe Bryant, but I do respect his abilitiy... Here is the question you have to ask, can ONE man beat the Celtics, or even the Pistons if they make it.... One man practially beat the Spurs... and really Gasol is a great asset to Kobe, but still 1 man beating Bostons Big 3 is highly unlikey, but so was the NY Giants beating the New England Patriots... and look what happend there

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat May 31, 2008 3:21 am

Well, with 22 seconds left it's not looking good for the Pistons. Oh well, I guess the Celtics get their chance after 21 years.

Back to top Go down

Post by PocketAAs on Sat May 31, 2008 12:31 pm

Who's your daddy now beotches.... Who called it?? All you Detroit fans... How in the hell can you blow a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter in a game this big?? That's nuts... Ok... so Evan and Incep can come on and discuss how their team blew it and how bad they'll suck next year while SonofDeath and the rest of the LA fans can talk your shit.. Celtics are on a mission.. last year was embarassing... They're making everyone pay for it by winning the whole thing... To quote Garnett from last night when asked how he felt about winning the conference championship:

"I'm neutral honestly... Winning the conference is not the goal... Winning the finals is what we set out to do and we we haven't done that yet."

PocketAAs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat May 31, 2008 6:13 pm

The NBA Finals are set.....

The Boston Celtics vs The Los Angeles Lakers.......

who will win.....

Im going with Boston on this one.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:58 pm

Boston up 2-0.... CAN the Lakers come back????? doubtful

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:16 pm

im real scared right now last game we looked really iffy and then we came but to still lose like that was sad, lets just hope those laker girls do their job. lol

Back to top Go down

Post by PocketAAs on Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:28 pm

It's going to take more than the Laker girls to help the LA Pansies to win this series. I believe that more than ever. The NBA, Networks and anyone making money off this series obviously want this to go to as many games as possible so they've rigged it for Boston to lose by bringing in the officials that hate the celtics in past appearences. That being said, enjoy the one gimmee game. I predict an LA win tonight, Celtics win game 4, LA wins game 5, and the Celts close the door at home! Guess I should clear my calendar and ask for the day off on Tuesday for the parade in Boston...

As for LA... You can't win if you don't play physical.. Europeans Basketball players are notorious for not being able to bump under the net. Not to mention, other than Kobe, nobody drives.. Contest the jumpers and they fall apart.

hmm... predicted the Detriot series, can I go two for two?

PocketAAs

Back to top Go down

Post by PocketAAs on Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:29 pm

Where's the LA fans now??

After Boston comes back from one of the biggest deficits and closes the deal, I may have to change my prediction. For those who watched, last night was a historic game whether you were a fan or not... down by 24 at times and 18 at the half, to rally back, take the lead with 4 minutes left and never let it go was huge!

Question is whether the LA back was broken or if they've got one more game in them. If they were broken, it ends Sunday. If they can put a game together, my prediction was correct.

SonOfDeath, in either case, you suck... lol

PocketAAs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:31 pm

wow! Lakers cant hold it together. Forget the Kobe - MJ talk. Kudos to the Celts for not givin up and getting up 3-1.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:18 pm

Bosten bumbs...lol i cant believe we let up such a big game like that we needed to tie up the series but our chances of winning looks slim to none right now, no team has come back from a 3 to 1 defecit soo with that being said im not folding just yet we will see what happens....fuckin arseesss we will see as for pocket dont sleep just yet kobe still got a few tricks up his sleeve lol n remember ur predeiction.........

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:08 am

lets fuckin go LAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Back to top Go down

Post by PocketAAs on Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:08 pm

All going according to plan... win game 4, lose game 5, win game 6. When is LA actually going to play a good game for 48 minutes? Not impressed..

PocketAAs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:15 pm

omg lol game not intense enough for you why all the pessamistic talk bout la come on show us some love lmao kobe has to work hard to make baskets isnt that fair enuff already wen ever he gets the ball he has to score with 4 guys n his face n tell im lying when has he gotten the ball n he hasnt had4 guys in his face ull see hes gonn pull through again lol

Back to top Go down

Post by PocketAAs on Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:17 pm

That's cause he's the only one with talent. Stop him and you'll always have a chance to win. And that's what the Celtics are doing... The entire Lakers team is SOFT.. How can a team let up leads like LA has??

Search deep down, put the emotions aside and think logically... You know they aren't going to win this series. They said their goodbyes yesterday to the fans cause they know they'll lose. If they had played "great" games at home, I might be worried.. but all 3 games at home were ugly.. even their wins. Celts could have taken all three. Now they have to put it together on our court??

Let's face it, whether it was Boston or Detroit in the finals, one thing everyone has learned which is the biggest factor, DEFENSE wins Championships. Lakers are good in the west coast cause it's all about outscoring..

Good luck next year...

Although one side note... I noticed I've sent you messages through the PS3 and even tried to get in touch with you after the humiliating game 4 and you haven't reached out to me. Only time you've responded is after a win in game 5.. you are a true laker fan.. lol

PocketAAs

Back to top Go down

Post by PocketAAs on Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:47 pm

SonOfDeath?? hello?? where are you now?? I can't hear you?? computer broken? Playstation not working? Internet down?? both at home and work?

PocketAAs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:10 pm

BOOOOOSTON! Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by PocketAAs on Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:46 am

List of To-do's today:
1) Eat Breakfast
2) Get showered/dressed
3) Post on xile.bigforumpro.com
4) Hop on the train to Boston
6) Watch the WORLD CHAMPION BOSTON CELTICS during the tickertape parade
7) Drink heavily and party with over a million people

Boy it's tiring having the 6th parade in 5 years for our pro teams.. But that's what life is like in "Title town".

Wonder what Kobe is doing today.. His list.

1.) Eat Breakfast
2.) Get showered/dressed
3.) Leak information to the press that all of the Laker's European players should be traded
4.) Watch game 4 and try to figure out how Boston came back
5.) Go to Best Buy to get new TV set due to the remote that was thrown while watching game 4
6.) Call Shaq and apologize for riding his coattails
7.) Polish his 3 rings
8.) Call Phil Jackson and tell him how to coach next year
9.) Get drunk and look for a date (or animal) to take out his aggression on (whether they like it or not)
10.) Fall asleep in his Michael Jordon pajamas crying

PocketAAs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:58 pm

hope ya had fun at the parade pocket, and made it back home safe.... I know you yankees tend to drink too much and start acting stupid lol

Back to top Go down

Post by PocketAAs on Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:05 pm

thanks, it was crazy... just like the last 5.. have to know where to go so you're not around the morons that get stupid.. Still tired today but so worth it.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/gallery/06_19_2008_rally/

for those who want a taste of success.

PocketAAs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content